Building a list of leads, prospects, and customers is an ongoing process that must be maintained to ensure you always have more business in the pipeline. But the list doesn’t nurture itself!
Marketing automation allows you to develop messaging and an action plan that keeps your contacts engaged. The exact capabilities vary with each automation platform. You’ll find very advanced campaign structures with CRMs and marketing platforms like Hubspot, Salesforce, Marketo, and Infusionsoft. Some email marketing platforms, such as AWeber, offer many options without using a full CRM system. And even the more basic email marketing platforms like Mailchimp and Constant Contact will allow you to set automatic messaging for your contacts.
What can marketing automation do?
Here are some examples of what an effective marketing automation strategy can accomplish:
- Send an automatic “Thank You” email when someone subscribes to your email list.
- Send an automatic “What do you think so far?” email after being subscribed for one week that encourages new contacts to let you know if they haven’t found what they’re looking for.
- Send a special offer to contacts that have taken a specific action, such as clicking links in your emails a total of three times.
- Create a task for you to reach out to a contact directly after they’ve visited a specific page on your website.
- Add an “interest” tag to a contact in your CRM based on what emails and content they engage with. For example, you can ask in an email to choose if they prefer dogs or cats, and automatically apply the associated tag when they click one. Then you can easily segment cat people and dog people (like me) for future messaging.
I am not affiliated with any particular CRM or automation platform, but I am very familiar with how they work and I am fluent in the logic-based programming that goes into creating a successful automation campaign. I am happy to work with you either on maximizing the capabilities of your current system or finding the one that will be the best fit for your goals and budget.